Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Steenwijkerland.

Municipality of Steenwijkerland: Applying for youth care for your child

You can contact Sociaal Werk De Kop with questions about health, upbringing and growing up and relationships. For specialized help, you can contact a consultant from the municipality.

Sociaal Werk De Kop

Do you have questions about health, upbringing and growing up, relationships or sports and exercise? Sociaal Werk De Kop can help you further. Together with you and/or your child, they will determine what support is needed. More information can be found on the website of Sociaal Werk De Kop,

Council consultants

Sometimes specialized help is needed. For example, with autism, ADHD or a (mild) intellectual disability. You can then contact a consultant from the municipality. Together you make a support plan. It states what you can do to solve the questions/problems, whether help is needed and, if so, what this help looks like.

Healthcare providers and personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget (pgb)

Does your child need youth care? For example, help with psychological problems, an intellectual disability or parenting problems? Then you can contact the care providers with whom the municipality has concluded an agreement. This is called 'care in kind'. Sometimes 'care in kind' is not the best solution and it is better to buy care for your child yourself. You will then receive a personal budget for this. You can contact the consultants of the municipality if you want to know more about this.

For more information, see the municipality's website.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Steenwijkerland

Last updated on 26 September 2022