Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Smallingerland.

Municipality of Smallingerland: Applying for youth care for your child

Carins for care, youth and work

Center for Youth and Family (CJG), the Wmo desk and the Ping desk fall under the organization Carins. In the municipality of Smallingerland, this is the place for anyone who is looking for information, help or support in raising and growing up, care, living and welfare, income questions and debt problems, participating and being able to save yourself in society. 

Budget guide

Smallingerland wants to remove bureaucratic barriers as much as possible and actively inform residents so that they do not miss out on the surcharges and remissions of local taxes. A budget guide is published annually in which all schemes are listed. 

Changes to Wmo transport from 1 January 2020

The financial compensation you receive if you travel by taxi or your own car will change. From 1 January you will receive a transport pass from the municipality with which you can travel cheaply. Read the most frequently asked questions.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Smallingerland

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022