Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Ommen.

Municipality of Ommen: Applying for youth care for your child

Youth and family support

Every parent has questions about growing up or raising their children. That's very normal. For information and advice , please visit In addition to tips, you will also find columns, an activity agenda, interesting links and folders. You can also ask questions online, which experts in the field of growing up and parenting answer.

Youth aid

It is important that children and young people in our municipality can grow up healthy and safe and develop their talents. Parents are primarily responsible for this. The municipality is responsible for all youth care. If parents or carers need support or help, they can contact the team access Together Doen.


  • You can report your request for help digitally (see report form: ). You can do this yourself, but someone else can also do it for you. For example, a family member or carer. In some cases, your permission is required. Do you have anyone who can help you with the report? There are organizations that can support you.
  • The municipality will make an appointment with you for a meeting. Someone else may also be present during this conversation. For example, a family member, acquaintance, neighbor or someone from customer support.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Ommen

Last updated on 26 September 2022