Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Nijmegen.

Arranging help, care or support for your child

Please note: you can only apply for youth support if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you wish to apply for youth support for your child? The municipality works with Buurtteams Jeugd en Gezin ('Neighbourhood Teams Youth and Family'). You can go to a Neighbourhood Team Youth and Family for help and advice. You will discuss together what kind of care your child needs.

Contracted care providers

You can make use of the care purchased by the municipality. To do so, you need a referral from the Neighbourhood Team Youth and Family, your GP or a certified institution or a medical specialist, such as a paediatrician.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nijmegen

Last updated on 26 September 2022