Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Nieuwkoop.

Municipality of Nieuwkoop: Applying for youth care for your child

If you find yourself in a situation or see a situation where it is clear that a child or the parents need immediate help, there are various agencies that can help you. 

Is help urgently needed? (Crisis)

  • In case of emergency and life-threatening situations, call 112. 
  • Do you or the family in question already have a social worker? Then call the care provider or doctor. 
  • In all other situations you can call +31 88 9004000. You will then get a Kwaraad employee, social worker, on the phone.

For more information, visit the website of the Centrum voor Jeugd en Gezin (Center for Youth and Families).

Do you suspect child abuse?

Do you think someone close to you is being mistreated? Are you regularly beaten or abused? Can you control yourself badly? Domestic violence is more common than you think and will not stop on its own. Don't let it sit there and go to Veilig Thuis (Safe Home). 

Would you like information and advice about growing up, parenting or youth care?

Is there no urgent situation, but you still want information and advice? Please contact het Centrum voor Jeugd en Gezin (CJG). You can also register via this website for an appointment with the Youth and Family Team (JGT) Nieuwkoop. During office hours, the JGT Nieuwkoop can be reached via +31 85 0180779.

Request a personal budget

Do you think that the care offered by the municipality is not sufficient or suitable? Or do you need a different kind of care for your child? Then you can apply for a persoonsgebonden budget (personal budget) - pgb. The municipality of Nieuwkoop works together with Tom in de buurt.

NB. You can only apply for youth care if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nieuwkoop

Last updated on 26 September 2022