Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Leiden.

Youth care

NB. You can only apply for youth care if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

If you need more help for your child than the Center for Youth and Family (CJG) can offer, please contact the Leidse Region Youth Team in your area.

Leiden has 7 youth teams. Each youth team consists of social workers, psychologists, youth workers and people with experience in care for the disabled. They help with all conceivable growing-up and parenting problems, psychological problems and disorders. One person from the team is the permanent point of contact for those who need help. The youth teams work together with general practitioners, schools and other specialists.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Leiden

Also useful

Last updated on 26 September 2022