Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Heerde.

Municipality of Heerde: Applying for youth care for your child

Are you encountering problems with your child and are you unable to resolve them yourself, not even with the help of your network? Please contact Team Jeugd en Gezin (in Dutch).

In a conversation, you as a parent and the team map out what is going on. You and your child can continue on that basis.

Is a provision via the municipality necessary, for example for professional support? In that case, the need for this will be recorded in your family plan.

Only when your child cannot use another freely accessible facility can the municipality grant an individual facility in your child's name. The purpose of this is to get your child back to functioning without assistance as quickly as possible.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Heerde

Last updated on 26 September 2022