Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Groningen.
In the municipality of Groningen, youth aid is initially handled by the WIJ team. If specialist help is needed, the WIJ team will refer the person on.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Groningen

Last updated on 26 September 2022