Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Enschede.

Youth support

NB. You can only apply for youth assistance if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Would you like to apply for youth assistance for your child? The municipality offers help together with a Wijkwijzer or wijkteam. You can contact a Wijkwijzer for help and advice. You discuss together what care you need. For example, for problems growing up, a handicap or psychological complaints.

Healthcare providers with contract

You can use the care purchased by the municipality. For this you need a referral from, for example:

  • The wijkteam
  • The doctor
  • A certified institution
  • A medical specialist such as a paediatrician

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Enschede

Last updated on 26 September 2022