Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Doetinchem.

Municipality of Doetinchem: Applying for youth care for your child

Please be advised: you can only apply for youth support if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Do you wish to apply for youth support for your child? From January 2018  Buurtplein(externe link), commissioned by the municipality, works with Youth and Family workers. You can contact a Youth and Family worker for help and advice. You will discuss together what kind of care you might need. For instance about parenting, finances, relationships, housing or participation. 

Contracted care providers

You can make use of the care purchased by the municipality. In order to do so, you will need a referral from either 

  • Youth and Family worker;
  • your GP;
  • a certified institution;
  • a medical specialist, such as a paediatrician.

Please consult Jeugd- en gezinswerker | Buurtplein for a list of the providers of specialist youth support with which the municipality has a contract.

Would you prefer a personal budget?

Do you think that this care is not sufficient? Or do you need a different type of care for your child? In that case you can apply for a personal budget Persoons Gebonden Budget | Buurtplein.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Doetinchem

Last updated on 26 September 2022