Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for youth care for your child

Do you want to to apply for youth care (jeugdhulp) for your child? For example, because your child needs extra care or support? You can apply for this at  your municipality. You can also contact a youth team (jeugdteam) directly. A youth team supports young people and their families when they need help with growing up and parenting.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Bernheze.

Youth Support

Please note: you can only apply for youth support if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The municipality of Bernheze is responsible for light and specialist youth support. This involves youth and parenting support, youth protection, youth probation, tackling child abuse, mental youth health care and care for children with (mental) disabilities.

Help and support for your child

Please consult the gemeente Bernheze for a list of the providers of specialist youth support with which the municipality has concluded a contract. You can do so by calling +31 (0)412 45 88 88 or by sending an e-mail to

Would you prefer a personal budget?

Do you think that this care is not sufficient? Or do you need a different type of care for your child? Then you can apply for a personal budget.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Bernheze

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022