Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) in the Netherlands
Many jobs in the Netherlands require you to have a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct). This also includes volunteer work. Examples are if you are going to work with confidential information or with children. A VOG shows that your behaviour is satisfactory for a new job. You may also need a VOG to apply for a visa or if you want to emigrate to another country.
There are several ways to apply for a VOG:
- Are you registered with your municipality in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? Then you or your employer can submit a fully completed application form to the municipality.
- Are you not registered with your municipality in the BRP? For example, if you are working in the Netherlands temporarily or living outside the Netherlands? Then send your application with all accompanying appendices to Justis by post (in Dutch). You can also download the application form from the justis.nl website.
Do you own a company or organisation that requires a VOG? Then you can apply for a VOG voor rechtspersonen – VOG RP (certificate of conduct for legal entities).
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Rijssen-Holten: Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)
Please note: You can only apply for the Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
To be able to apply for a VOG digitally, you must log in with DigiD. Do you apply for your VOG in writing? Then you need:
- a valid passport or identity card
- your debit card or cash. You pay directly with the application
- the completed VOG NP or VOG RP or VOG Childcare application form
Make an appointment and bring the completed form with you. This is only possible if you are registered in the municipality of Rijssen-Holten.
- A digital VOG application costs €33,85.
- A written application via the municipality costs €42.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Rijssen-Holten