Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) in the Netherlands
Many jobs in the Netherlands require you to have a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct). This also includes volunteer work. Examples are if you are going to work with confidential information or with children. A VOG shows that your behaviour is satisfactory for a new job. You may also need a VOG to apply for a visa or if you want to emigrate to another country.
There are several ways to apply for a VOG:
- Are you registered with your municipality in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? Then you or your employer can submit a fully completed application form to the municipality.
- Are you not registered with your municipality in the BRP? For example, if you are working in the Netherlands temporarily or living outside the Netherlands? Then send your application with all accompanying appendices to Justis by post (in Dutch). You can also download the application form from the justis.nl website.
Do you own a company or organisation that requires a VOG? Then you can apply for a VOG voor rechtspersonen – VOG RP (certificate of conduct for legal entities).
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Hilvarenbeek: Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)
Please note: you can apply for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality
- You will receive a completed form from your employer or client
- Complete this application form and sign it
- You log in with DigiD
- Upload the application form
- You pay with iDeal
You will receive the VOG or the refusal within 4 weeks at the address you specify in the application.
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service