Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG) in the Netherlands
Many jobs in the Netherlands require you to have a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct). This also includes volunteer work. Examples are if you are going to work with confidential information or with children. A VOG shows that your behaviour is satisfactory for a new job. You may also need a VOG to apply for a visa or if you want to emigrate to another country.
There are several ways to apply for a VOG:
- Are you registered with your municipality in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP)? Then you or your employer can submit a fully completed application form to the municipality.
- Are you not registered with your municipality in the BRP? For example, if you are working in the Netherlands temporarily or living outside the Netherlands? Then send your application with all accompanying appendices to Justis by post (in Dutch). You can also download the application form from the justis.nl website.
Do you own a company or organisation that requires a VOG? Then you can apply for a VOG voor rechtspersonen – VOG RP (certificate of conduct for legal entities).
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Borger-Odoorn: Applying for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)
Please note: you can apply for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality
You can apply for a Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag – VOG (certificate of conduct) in two ways:
- Print the application form from the Justis, the Ministry of Justice and Security’s screening authority and fill it in together with your employer. Hand in the form at the municipality where you are registered. You must also take proof of identity with you, such as your passport or driving licence.
- Your employer or client will prepare the VOG application online and you check the details and pay online.
- A digital VOG application costs: € 33.85.
- A written application to the municipality costs: € 41.35.
You will receive the VOG or the refusal within 4 till 8 weeks at the address you specify in the application.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Borger-Odoorn