Netherlands Worldwide

Applying to get married in the Netherlands

Are you planning to get married? If you intend to get married, you must notify the municipality of this at least 2 weeks and not more than 1 year before the wedding.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hulst: Applying to get married

You register your marriage with the municipality Hulst, providing all the details about yourself, your future spouse and your witnesses. You must notify the municipality of this at least 2 weeks and not more than 1 year before the wedding. You can do it online or at the town hall.

Arrange directly online

You can register your marriage online.

You cannot register your mariage online when one of you is not a citizen of a EU member state or Switzerland and does not have a residence permit for an indefinite period. In this case you must fill the form 'melding voorgenomen huwelijk of geregistreerd partnerschap met verblijfsrecht'. You can add this as an attachment to the contactform.

Make an appointment

[contactgegevens gemeente]

If neither you nor your partner live in the Netherlands, you must give notice of your marriage in the municipality of Den Haag (The Hague). You can find more information on how to register a marriage for Dutch citizens living outside the Netherlands at the website.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hulst

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022