Netherlands Worldwide

Applying to get married in the Netherlands

Are you planning to get married? If you intend to get married, you must notify the municipality of this at least 2 weeks and not more than 1 year before the wedding.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Notification of intended marriage (banns)

You must report a proposed marriage directly to the civil registrar of the municipality where you want to get married.

Please note: if you both do not live in the Netherlands and you and/or your partner have Dutch nationality, the notification of intended marriage must be submitted to the municipality of The Hague.

In the municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee you can only report a proposed marriage (at the moment) in person and by appointment.

Make an appointment online(link is external)

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022