Netherlands Worldwide

Applying to get married in the Netherlands

Are you planning to get married? If you intend to get married, you must notify the municipality of this at least 2 weeks and not more than 1 year before the wedding.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying to ger married or registering a civil partnership

Do you want to get married? Then you must notify the municipality where you want to do so. This is called a notification of intended marriage. Make the notification at least 14 days and a maximum of one year before the date of the marriage.

If neither you nor your partner live in the Netherlands, you must give notice of your marriage in the municipality of Den Haag (The Hague). You can find more information on how to register a marriage for Dutch citizens living outside the Netherlands at the website.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Bernheze

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022