Have you been out of work for a long time? Do you want to start working again? Your municipality can support you for your return to work. This is known as reintegration (re-integratie).
If you receive benefits from your municipality, this municipality will help you find a job. This support is provided in the form of training, work or guidance (in Dutch).
You cannot refuse the municipality’s support. If you do, the municipality may lower your benefits.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Staphorst: Applying for support by your municipality for reintegration into the labour market
Please note: you can only apply for support to reintegrate into the labour market if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
The municipality will provide you with support for getting back to work. You will receive guidance, training or courses. The municipality can also help you find somewhere to learn and gain practical experience.
Who is the support for?
- All residents who are looking for work and have not managed to find it themselves.
- All residents who receive or apply for benefits.
If you receive benefits, you also have obligations. For example, you must do everything you can to get back to work.
- Try to find paid work. You must look for vacancies, apply for jobs and be registered with 1 or more employment agencies.
- Look for work not only in the area where you live, but also in the surrounding areas or beyond. What happens if you find or are offered work? Then you must accept that work.
- Be prepared to travel for work.
- Cooperate with the municipality to create and implement a plan for your reintegration.
- Actively update or improve your knowledge and skills.