Have you been out of work for a long time? Do you want to start working again? You can get support for your return to work. This is known as reintegration (re-integratie). It is provided by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency) or your municipality.
As to who helps you, this will depend on what benefits you receive. Do you receive occupational incapacity benefits (arbeidsongeschiktheidsuitkering) such as WAZ, WAO, ZW, Wajong or WGA ? Then you will receive support from an employment counsellor. If you receive a WW-uitkering (unemployment benefits), you will get a job adviser.
If you receive benefits from your municipality, this municipality will help you find a job. This support is provided in the form of training, work or guidance.
You cannot refuse the municipality’s support. If you do, the municipality may lower your benefits.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
DZB Leiden (Reintegration)
Please note. You can only apply for help for reintegration if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
DZB Leiden is the reintegration company of the municipality of Leiden. You can go there if you are looking for work.
- For all residents who are looking for work and are unable to find work themselves.
- For all residents who receive or apply for benefits.
Do you receive social benefit? Then you have some obligations. For example, you must do as much as possible to get back to work.
- You are trying to find paid work. You must search for vacancies, apply and be registered with 1 or more employment agencies.
- You are not only looking for work in your own place of residence, but also in your region or further afield. Do you find work or are you offered work? Then you must accept this job.
- You are willing to travel for work.
- You help the municipality to draw up and implement an action plan for your reintegration.
- You ensure that you keep up to date or improve your knowledge and skills.