Have you been out of work for a long time? Do you want to start working again? You can get support for your return to work. This is known as reintegration (re-integratie). It is provided by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency) or your municipality.
As to who helps you, this will depend on what benefits you receive. Do you receive occupational incapacity benefits (arbeidsongeschiktheidsuitkering) such as WAZ, WAO, ZW, Wajong or WGA ? Then you will receive support from an employment counsellor. If you receive a WW-uitkering (unemployment benefits), you will get a job adviser.
If you receive benefits from your municipality, this municipality will help you find a job. This support is provided in the form of training, work or guidance.
You cannot refuse the municipality’s support. If you do, the municipality may lower your benefits.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
Municipality of Heerde: Applying for support to reintegrate into the labour market
Are you applying for a benefit? Then reintegration is automatically part of this. So you do not have apply for reintegration.
If you receive benefits, you also have obligations. For example, you must do everything you can to get back to work.
- Try to find paid work. You must look for vacancies, apply for jobs and be registered with 1 or more employment agencies.
- Look for work not only in the area where you live, but also in the surrounding areas or beyond. What happens if you find or are offered work? Then you must accept that work.
- Be prepared to travel for work.
- Cooperate with the municipality to create and implement a plan for your reintegration.
- Actively update or improve your knowledge and skills.