Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for study benefit for students with a disability

Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Applying for scholarship

Many students have side jobs to pay for their education. But students with structural medical disabilities are unable to earn a side job. For them, there is the study allowance. This provides a helping hand to still do an education.

Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Deventer

Last updated on 26 September 2022