Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
All municipalities must pay an agreed minimum amount of study benefit to students with a medical disability. The amount of study benefit may differ from one municipality to another (in Dutch).
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
All the conditions can be found on the website of the municipality where you are registered. If you have any questions about your situation, please contact the municipality.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying. Find out how to apply on your municipality’s website.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
Municipality of Bodegraven-Reeuwijk: Applying for study benefit for students with a disability
Many students have a side job to pay for their studies. Unfortunately, students with a disability cannot always work alongside their education. Ferm Werk can help with a small contribtion: the 'study benefit'. We can offer this allowance to students with a disability that cannot work alongside their studies.
Please note: you can apply for a studietoeslag (study benefit) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
The following conditions apply:
You are registered with the municipality of Bodegraven-Reeuwijk.
The study benefit is intended for students who meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 15 years old.
- You do not receive Wajong benefits, which are benefits under the Wet arbeidsongeschiktheidsvoorziening jonggehandicapten (Law on the provision of incapacity benefit to disabled young people).
- You receive student finance under the Wet op de studiefinanciering – WSF (Student Finance Act) or a contribution on the basis of the Wet tegemoetkoming onderwijsbijdrage en schoolkosten – WTOS (Fees and Educational Expenses (Allowances) Act).
- You are structurally unable to work in addition to studying due to medical limitations. We request medical advice to assess whether you are entitled to the study benefit.
It is not necessary to demonstrate which costs you incur for the study benefit.
Fill in the form https://fermwerk.nl/sites/default/files/pdf/Aanvraagformulier%20studietoeslag%202023-1.pdf in full and return it together with the attachments to Ferm Werk.
To hand in:
You can submit this form with supporting document(s) in the following ways:
- By e-mail to email@example.com
- Hand in personally at Ferm Werk, Carrosserieweg 1, in Woerden
- Or send to:
Ferm Werk, Income department
3440 VB Woerden
A stamp is not required.
You must reapply for study benefit for each new school year.
Study benefit amounts
The amount of the study benefit depends on your age. These are the statutory amounts per month:
You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases.
If we make a decision regarding your social assistance, you will be notified in writing. You can disagree with such a decision, or the way in which it is carried out by Ferm Werk, and then you can appeal.
An objection therefore has to do with dissatisfaction on your part when it comes to decisions about your social assistance. You must submit an objection in writing. If you receive a letter from us with a decision, you have 6 weeks to let us know that you are objecting. Always state your name and address details in your objection and clearly state which decision you are objecting to.
You can send the notice of objection to:
Dagelijks Bestuur Ferm Werk
3445 BC Woerden
Contact Ferm Werk by phone 0031 348 497000 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org