Do you receive government financial support for your tertiary or secondary education? Are you unable to earn extra income due to a chronic illness or disability? Then you may be eligible for study benefit (studietoeslag) from your municipality.
All municipalities must pay an agreed minimum amount of study benefit to students with a medical disability. The amount of study benefit may differ from one municipality to another (in Dutch).
In all cases, the following conditions must be met to be eligible to receive study benefit:
- you receive student finance (studiefinanciering) as a tertiary student or a basic allowance (basistoelage) for secondary students;
- you cannot earn extra income alongside your studies because of your disability.
- you are not entitled to the Wajong benefit
All the conditions can be found on the website of the municipality where you are registered. If you have any questions about your situation, please contact the municipality.
You can apply for study benefit at the municipality where you live, regardless of where you are studying.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Do you have a disability that prevents you from working alongside your studies? So a part-time job to earn money does not work out. If so, we can offer you a helping hand in the form of a study allowance. This allowance provides a financial supplement.
When can you get a study allowance?
If you meet these conditions:
- You are registered as a resident of the municipality of Apeldoorn, Brummen or Epe;
- You are entitled to study financing under the Student Finance Act (WSF) 2000 or an allowance under chapter 4 of the Education Contribution and School Costs Allowance Act (WTOS);
- You cannot earn any income during your studies due to a structural medical impairment;
- You do not have a secondary job alongside your studies and/or do not receive any benefits (e.g. Wajong benefit). In that case, you are not entitled to the study allowance.
- If you work during the holiday period, you will temporarily lose the right to the study allowance.
Do you live in the municipality of Apeldoorn, Epe or Brummen?
You can fill in the application form online via the button above.
You can also download the application form (pdf, 15kB), print it out and send it without a stamp to:
Municipality of Apeldoorn
Please state individual study allowance
Postal number 56
7300 WB Apeldoorn
Unable to print? Then fill in the contact form. We will then send you an application form.
You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome within 8 weeks of your application. What happens if the application is incomplete or more time is needed for the investigation? Processing may take longer than 8 weeks in such cases.
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 19:30
08:30 - 12:30