Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for special social assistance

If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Oisterwijk.

Municipality of Oisterwijk: Applying for special social assistance

Please note: you can apply for bijzondere bijstand (special social assistance) only if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

The special assistance does not cover costs that everyone has, such as rent, energy costs, telephone costs, a new washing machine or furniture. You pay this out of your own income. You can apply for special assistance for costs such as:

  • Attorney's Fees
  • Administration costs
  • Cost of meal provision
  • Costs CAK
  • Personal alarm costs

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Oisterwijk

Visiting address

Last updated on 21 September 2022