Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for special social assistance

If you have a low income and it is impossible for you to pay exceptional and unexpected costs, you may be entitled to extra financial support from the municipality. This is called special social assistance (bijzondere bijstand).

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Gooise Meren.

Special assistance

You can apply for special assistance up to 1 month after the date on which the costs arose. If you apply for special assistance at a later time, you will not receive special assistance or from a later time. If you have already paid the costs, special assistance is no longer possible. Please contact the municipality if you want to apply.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Gooise Meren

Last updated on 21 September 2022