Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for social assistance

If you have too little money to get by, you may be entitled to social assistance (bijstand). You can apply for social assistance at your municipality or the website, an online work platform operated by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Claiming social assistance benefit

Do you have no work and/or not enough money to live on (If you have a little or no income, and also very few savings or possessions of value) and are a resident of the municipality of 's-Hertogenbosch? Then you can apply for social assistance benefit if you meet certain conditions. Check these conditions on the central government website.

Further information

For more information and the conditions, contact the municipality of 's-Hertogenbosch by telephone or WhatsApp via +31 73 - 615 51 55 or send an e-mail using the digital contact form.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of 's-Hertogenbosch

Visiting addresses

Last updated on 22 September 2022