Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for social assistance

If you have too little money to get by, you may be entitled to social assistance (bijstand). You can apply for social assistance at your municipality or the website, an online work platform operated by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Apply for social assistance benefit

If you have too little money to live on and cannot earn enough yourself, you may be able to receive social assistance benefits. The social assistance benefit is referred to as 'uitkering' or 'bijstand'. This is the same.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hilversum

Last updated on 22 September 2022