Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for social assistance

If you have too little money to get by, you may be entitled to social assistance (bijstand). You can apply for social assistance at your municipality or the website, an online work platform operated by the Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen – UWV (Employee Insurance Agency).

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Bodegraven-Reeuwijk: Applying for social assistance

Those without income can apply for benefits under certain conditions. Self-employed persons are also entitled to this. 

Do you not have enough income or assets to live a normal life? Then you can apply for social assistance . The idea is that the benefit is given if the right conditions are met. The benefit is intended to help you get through the period until you find a job (again).

To apply for assistance from Ferm Werk, you must live in one of the municipalities of Woerden, Bodegraven-Reeuwijk, Montfoort or Oudewater. You must be older than 18 and not yet have reached retirement age. 

If you are unable to work (fully) or cannot earn your own income, you can apply for social assistance from Ferm Werk. If you are entitled to social assistance, we will pay it to you. If you receive social assistance, it is the intention that you continue to look for work. That is your duty. If looking for work is difficult, we are happy to help you with that too.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Bodegraven-Reeuwijk

Last updated on 22 September 2022