Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via Omgevingsloket online. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.
You need a planning permit for various activities in your garden or in and around your house, such as:
- building a driveway;
- modifying, renovating or restoring a listed building;
- cutting down trees.
Go to Omgevingsloket online (online environment portal) to check whether you require a planning permit (in Dutch) or if just a notification is sufficient.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
Municipality of Papendrecht: Applying for a planning permit
Do you want to know whether you need an omgevingsvergunning (planning permit)? You can do an online vergunningcheck (permit check) at the Omgevingsloket online (planning permit online service desk) in Dutch.
This is how you apply for planning permission:
- Go to the Omgevingsloket online.
- Do the vergunningcheck.
- See whether you need a permit.
- You can apply for the permit immediately online or in writing. Use the Omgevingsloket for both options. Log in:
* for yourself: with DigiD
* for a company: with eHerkenning
The costs depend on which permit you apply for. You pay even if you do not get the permit. Check the fee here: Verordening op de heffing en invordering van leges 2022 (overheid.nl)
The municipality will need 8 weeks (standard procedure) to assess your application. It will sometimes take 26 weeks (extended procedure). This will be the case, for example, if you want something different from what is stated in the bestemmingsplan (zoning plan). The municipality can extend the period once for a period of 6 weeks.
The list of permit applications and decisions are published on: Gemeentenieuws en openbare bekendmakingen - Gemeente Papendrecht
Do you disagree with the decision? If so, you can lodge a complaint. The following applies:
- For a standard permit (8 weeks), you must lodge a complaint within 6 weeks of the decision being made and published. The conditions for lodging a complaint can be found on: Gemeentenieuws en openbare bekendmakingen - Gemeente Papendrecht
- For an extended permit (26 weeks), the initial decision is a pending decision. You can submit your response within 6 weeks. After that a final decision will be issued. You can appeal to the rechtbank (district court) within 6 weeks. More information about appealling you will find in the letter with the final decision.
Good to know
You may start work only once you have received the permit. If you start earlier, you may be required to undo the work at your own expense.
Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Public Information Service