Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a planning permit

Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via Omgevingsloket online. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Laarbeek.

Municipality of Laarbeek: Applying for a planning permit

Do you want to build, renovate, demolish or change something else in your living environment in or around your home or business? In that case, you often need an environmental permit in accordance with the General Provisions Environmental Law Act (Wabo). Through this act, 25 permits, exemptions and notifications have been integrated into one environmental permit. This way you can apply for all your necessary permits at once at just one counter. This saves you time and money. There is also one objection and appeal procedure. You may need an environmental permit for the following activities: building or renovating a structure (such as a house) - building permit the demolition of a structure in a protected cityscape or village changing a municipal or provincial monument, or renovating or demolishing a monument building a road making a way out (or exit) on the municipal or provincial road installing an alarm system on immovable property (such as a factory, office or house) creating and displaying advertising (such as a billboard) or permitting this as an owner felling a tree or felling a timber stand starting a B&B Sometimes there are other activities for which you must apply for an environmental permit. You can find out what these are in the municipal (or provincial) ordinance.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Laarbeek

Last updated on 26 September 2022