Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a planning permit

Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via Omgevingsloket online. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Hoorn.

Environmental permit

Do you have construction or renovation plans? Do you want to demolish something, build a driveway, or cut down a tree? 

Then you usually need an environmental permit. 

You can check this yourself. Afterwards, you can also apply for a permit yourself.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hoorn

Last updated on 26 September 2022