Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a planning permit

Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via Omgevingsloket online. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee.

Apply for an environmental permit

Are you going to change something in your environment? For example, build or demolish? Then you may need an environmental permit. You can apply for an environmental permit via the Online Environment Desk.

Also see
Request a preliminary consultation for an environmental permit
Apply for an environmental permit for a limited environmental test
Apply for an environmental permit for the environment
Change environmental permit to another name 


The environmental permit gives permission in the field of housing, space, the environment and nature. You may need an environmental permit for various activities. Among others for:

  • to build
  • demolish
  • chop trees
  • construct an entrance or exit
  • restore, rebuild or demolish a monument
  • advertise
  • fire-safe use of buildings

There are 2 procedures for granting an environmental permit. The normal procedure applies to an ordinary environmental permit. Does your permit application pose a major risk to the environment? Or is the municipality carrying out a nature assessment? Then the extended procedure applies. For example, with an environmental permit.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Goeree-Overflakkee

Visiting address

Last updated on 26 September 2022