Are you planning to build or demolish something in your garden or next to your home? For example, do you intend to build a garage or cut down a tree? If so, you will often need a planning permit (omgevingsvergunning). You can apply for this permit via Omgevingsloket online. In some cases you only need to notify the authorities, and no permit is required.
You need a planning permit for various activities in your garden or in and around your house, such as:
- building a driveway;
- modifying, renovating or restoring a listed building;
- cutting down trees.
Go to Omgevingsloket online (online environment portal) to check whether you require a planning permit (in Dutch) or if just a notification is sufficient.
This is how it works in your (future) place of residence
Municipality of Eersel: Applying for a planning permit
Do you want to know whether you need an omgevingsvergunning (planning permit)? You can do an online vergunningcheck (permit check) at the Omgevingsloket online (planning permit online service desk) in Dutch.
This is how you apply for planning permission:
- Go to the Omgevingsloket online.
- Do the vergunningcheck.
- See whether you need a permit.
- You can apply for the permit immediately online or in writing. Use the Omgevingsloket for both options. Log in:
* for yourself: with DigiD
* for a company: with eHerkenning
The cost depends on which all-in-one permit for physical aspects you apply for. Note that you must pay even if your application is rejected. For more information, contact the municipality.
The municipality will need 8 weeks (standard procedure) to assess your application. It will sometimes take 26 weeks (extended procedure). This will be the case, for example, if you want something different from what is stated in the bestemmingsplan (zoning plan). The municipality can extend the period once for a period of 6 weeks.
Do you want to object? In this case, the following rules apply.
- With a standard environmental permit (8 weeks), you can object within 6 weeks after the decision has been announced. How do you do that with the published conclusions.
- If it concerns an extensive environmental permit (26 weeks), then it is a draft decision. You can submit a view to the municipality within 6 weeks. Then comes a final decision. You can then file an appeal with the court within 6 weeks. You can send your letter to the court.
Good to know
You must not start work until you have obtained the permit. If you start before that, you may have to undo the work at your own expense.