Do you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities? Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
The municipality stipulates a number of conditions for issuing a personalised disabled parking space:
- you have an EU parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- you do not have a permanent parking space on the premises of your home;
- you are the driver of a car, a motorised tricycle/quadricycle or a vehicle for persons with disabilities;
- you cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own, even with aids, such as crutches or a walker;
- you must be examined by a medical examiner. Your municipality will refer you to a medical examiner. Is your disability chronic? Is your municipality already aware of it? If so, a medical examination is not required;
- you are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP) at the address for which you are requesting a personalised disabled parking space.
There are 2 types of personalised disabled parking spaces:
Personalised disabled parking space without time restriction
A personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space, for example at your home. A white road sign with a registration number is placed below the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. Only the vehicle that has that registration number is allowed to park there.
Personalised disabled parking space with time restriction
A time-restricted personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space where you come at set times, for example your workplace. There is a second white sign under the sign displaying the registration number on the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. This second white sign displays days and times. Only you may park in that space during those days and times. Anyone may park there outside of those days and times.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Zaanstad: Applying for a personalised disabled parking space
Please note: you can only apply for a parking space for the disabled by registration number if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
If you have a disability and it is difficult for you to park your car in front of the door, you can request a disabled parking space from the municipality. You can request a disabled parking space if:
- you have a valid EU parking card for people with disabilities
- you do not have your own parking space, such as a driveway, carport or garage
- the car is registered at your home address
You can request, change or cancel your own disabled parking space via the online form (if you no longer use it).
Please note: if you apply online or submit a change, you must pay costs immediately via iDeal or credit card. If you cannot pay digitally, please call 14 075 or fill out a contact form.
Applying for and building a disabled parking space costs: unknown.