Do you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities? Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
The municipality stipulates a number of conditions for issuing a personalised disabled parking space:
- you have an EU parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- you do not have a permanent parking space on the premises of your home;
- you are the driver of a car, a motorised tricycle/quadricycle or a vehicle for persons with disabilities;
- you cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own, even with aids, such as crutches or a walker;
- you must be examined by a medical examiner. Your municipality will refer you to a medical examiner. Is your disability chronic? Is your municipality already aware of it? If so, a medical examination is not required;
- you are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP) at the address for which you are requesting a personalised disabled parking space.
There are 2 types of personalised disabled parking spaces:
Personalised disabled parking space without time restriction
A personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space, for example at your home. A white road sign with a registration number is placed below the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. Only the vehicle that has that registration number is allowed to park there.
Personalised disabled parking space with time restriction
A time-restricted personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space where you come at set times, for example your workplace. There is a second white sign under the sign displaying the registration number on the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. This second white sign displays days and times. Only you may park in that space during those days and times. Anyone may park there outside of those days and times.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Nieuwkoop: Applying for a personalised disabled parking space
Please note: you can only apply for a parking space for the disabled by registration number if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
Are you disabled, do you have a car and are you the driver of this car? Then you can apply for a disabled parking space near your home or work address. You must have a disabled parking card in order to apply for a disabled parking space. You can apply for the disabled parking card separately. The need for the disabled parking space is then immediately assessed. Do you already have a disabled parking card? Then you can immediately apply for a disabled parking space.
- location of desired disabled parking space
- copy of your disabled parking card
- copy of your driver's license
- copy of your registration certificate
There are no costs associated with applying for a disabled parking space.