Do you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities? Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
The municipality stipulates a number of conditions for issuing a personalised disabled parking space:
- you have an EU parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- you do not have a permanent parking space on the premises of your home;
- you are the driver of a car, a motorised tricycle/quadricycle or a vehicle for persons with disabilities;
- you cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own, even with aids, such as crutches or a walker;
- you must be examined by a medical examiner. Your municipality will refer you to a medical examiner. Is your disability chronic? Is your municipality already aware of it? If so, a medical examination is not required;
- you are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP) at the address for which you are requesting a personalised disabled parking space.
There are 2 types of personalised disabled parking spaces:
Personalised disabled parking space without time restriction
A personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space, for example at your home. A white road sign with a registration number is placed below the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. Only the vehicle that has that registration number is allowed to park there.
Personalised disabled parking space with time restriction
A time-restricted personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space where you come at set times, for example your workplace. There is a second white sign under the sign displaying the registration number on the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. This second white sign displays days and times. Only you may park in that space during those days and times. Anyone may park there outside of those days and times.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for a personalised disabled parking space
A disabled parking space is a parking space for people with a physical disability. Other drivers are not allowed to park their cars here.
You can request your own disabled parking space at your home or workplace from the municipality. You will then be given a reserved parking space where only the vehicle with your registration number may be parked.
1. You must have a European disabled parking card (driver card or co-driver card).
2. The available parking spaces must be occupied so often that parking in the immediate vicinity of your home or destination is often not possible. The municipality will assess whether this is the case in your situation.
3. The municipality ensures that road safety and the efficient use of the road are not disrupted by the construction of a disabled parking space.
Within the area of paid parking, the parking tax - or the residents' parking permit - does not apply to disabled people.
European disabled parking card.
You can download an application form that you can fill in and submit to the municipality.
You will receive an answer to your request within 8 weeks. It will then take a few weeks before the parking lot is constructed.
Anna van Raesfeltstraat 37