Applying for a personalised disabled parking space
Do you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities? Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
The municipality stipulates a number of conditions for issuing a personalised disabled parking space:
- you have an EU parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- you do not have a permanent parking space on the premises of your home;
- you are the driver of a car, a motorised tricycle/quadricycle or a vehicle for persons with disabilities;
- you cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own, even with aids, such as crutches or a walker;
- you must be examined by a medical examiner. Your municipality will refer you to a medical examiner. Is your disability chronic? Is your municipality already aware of it? If so, a medical examination is not required;
- you are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP) at the address for which you are requesting a personalised disabled parking space.
There are 2 types of personalised disabled parking spaces:
Personalised disabled parking space without time restriction
A personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space, for example at your home. A white road sign with a registration number is placed below the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. Only the vehicle that has that registration number is allowed to park there.
Personalised disabled parking space with time restriction
A time-restricted personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space where you come at set times, for example your workplace. There is a second white sign under the sign displaying the registration number on the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. This second white sign displays days and times. Only you may park in that space during those days and times. Anyone may park there outside of those days and times.
Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Disabled Parking (GPP)
If you have a disabled parking permit, you can apply for a disabled parking space by license plate. This is only possible if you cannot park on your own property. You can apply for, modify or cancel a disabled parking space online using your DigiD or eRecognition.
- You can request, adjust or cancel your disabled parking space online:
- You need your DigiD or eHerkenning for this
- Within a maximum of 8 weeks you will receive an e-mail whether your application has been approved
- Requests can also be made by post:
- For the application form, call 14 035
- You will receive a letter within a maximum of 8 weeks whether your application has been approved
- If your application is approved, the parking will be built within a maximum of 3 weeks
Needed when applying
- Drivers license
- Registration certificate
- You can send a situation drawing or photo to indicate the place properly
Needed for adjustments
- The new registration certificate
Needed when canceling at the counter
- Copy of identification
- In the event of death, proof of identity from heirs
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Hilversum