Do you have a European Union (EU) parking card for people with disabilities? Do you want to park close to your home or workplace? If so, you can apply to the municipality for a personalised parking space. Only the vehicle with the registered vehicle registration number may park in that space.
The municipality stipulates a number of conditions for issuing a personalised disabled parking space:
- you have an EU parking card for people with disabilities that is valid for at least 6 months;
- you do not have a permanent parking space on the premises of your home;
- you are the driver of a car, a motorised tricycle/quadricycle or a vehicle for persons with disabilities;
- you cannot walk more than 100 metres on your own, even with aids, such as crutches or a walker;
- you must be examined by a medical examiner. Your municipality will refer you to a medical examiner. Is your disability chronic? Is your municipality already aware of it? If so, a medical examination is not required;
- you are registered in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen – BRP) at the address for which you are requesting a personalised disabled parking space.
There are 2 types of personalised disabled parking spaces:
Personalised disabled parking space without time restriction
A personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space, for example at your home. A white road sign with a registration number is placed below the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. Only the vehicle that has that registration number is allowed to park there.
Personalised disabled parking space with time restriction
A time-restricted personalised disabled parking space is a reserved parking space where you come at set times, for example your workplace. There is a second white sign under the sign displaying the registration number on the blue road sign with the letter P and a wheelchair symbol. This second white sign displays days and times. Only you may park in that space during those days and times. Anyone may park there outside of those days and times.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Beuningen: Applying for a personalised disabled parking space
Please note: you can only apply for a parking space for the disabled by registration number if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
At the service desk
You can also apply for the parking space at the municipality’s service desk.
Reimbursement in some cases
In some cases you can receive reimbursement for the placement of the parking space under the Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning – Wmo (Social Support Act).
You pay a fee for this service. For more information, contact the municipality Beuningen.
You will usually receive a letter within 2 weeks of applying stating whether or not you will be given the parking space. If an advisory opinion is needed, for example from the Gemeentelijke Gezondheidsdienst – GGD (Municipal Health Service) or the traffic police, you will receive a response within 8 weeks of applying.
Placing the parking space
If you are entitled to a parking space for the disabled, the municipality will contact you by telephone to determine the location in consultation with you. The municipality will place the parking space within 2 weeks.
Van Heemstraweg 46
08:30 - 19:00
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 17:00
08:30 - 17:00