Applying for a personal budget (PGB)
If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.
There are 4 types of care for which you can apply for a PGB:
- Support at home: if you need support, transport or help at home.
- Youth care services: if you need help for someone under the age of 18.
- Heavy, long-term care needs: if you need 24-hour care every day.
- Nursing and personal care: if you need personal care or nursing at home.
Eligibility to receive a PGB depends on the care you need.
You can apply to the Zorgkantoor (care office), your healthcare insurer or the municipality for a PGB. The type of care you need will determine which organisation you approach to apply for a PGB (in Dutch).
You can receive several PGB's at the same time. For example, if you or your child has an indication for support at home and nursing. Then you will receive one PGB from the municipality and one from the healthcare insurer.
Read more about combining several PGB's (in Dutch).
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Someren: Applying for a personal budget (PGB)
Please note: you can only apply for a PGB if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.
You can use a persoonsgebonden budget – PGB (personal budget) to buy care, help or support.
There are 2 types of personal budget:
PGB via the Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning – WMO (Social Support Act)
Do you receive Wmo support from your municipality? Do you want to arrange this help yourself? Then you can apply for a PGB at the Wmo consultant of the Care and Support team of the municipality of Someren.
PGB through the Jeugdwet (Youth Act)
If your child receives support under the Jeugdwet, you can use a personal budget to arrange that help yourself as well. You can apply for it at the Family and Youth Coach of the Care and Support team of the municipality of Someren.
To be eligible for a PGB, you must meet a number of requirements:
- You must draw up a PGB plan, in which you must specify what help you need.
- The care providers that you select must meet quality requirements.
- You must conclude an agreement with the care providers yourself.
- You must be able to manage your PGB yourself. For example, you must conclude a contract with the care providers yourself. You must also direct them and keep records. You can also ask a PGB representative to do this for you.
You do not receive the money from your PGB yourself. The municipality pays your personal budget to the Sociale Verzekeringsbank – SVB (social insurance bank). You send your care providers’ invoices to the SVB. The SVB will then pay them. You must keep the invoices for your records.
How to apply for a PGB:
- Support via the WMO can be applied for via a meeting with the Wmo consultant
- Support via the Jeugdwet can be applied for via a meeting with the Family and Youth Coach
Please contact the Care and Support team.
Your municipality will inform you within 8 weeks about your apply.
If you do not agree with the decision, you can object. You can read more about the objection procedure in the decision.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Someren
09:00 - 20:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 17:00
09:00 - 12:30