Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Consultants of the WMO (Social Support Act)

Please note: you can only apply for a PGB if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can use a persoonsgebonden budget – PGB (personal budget) to buy care, help or support. 

Are you looking for help at home, an adjustment in your home to be able to continue living at home or an aid to move yourself? The consultants of the Wmo of the municipality will help you find a solution. This help is regulated in the Wmo (Social Support Act).

As a solution, you can often opt for an aid/care from an organization that we as a municipality have a contract with. Or you opt for a personal budget (PGB) for the medical aid/care. With the PGB you can then search for an organization to arrange for help at home or a wheelchair yourself.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Nijmegen