Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Hof van Twente: Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

Please note: you can only apply for a PGB if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can use a persoonsgebonden budget – PGB (personal budget) to buy care, help or support. A personal budget is possible under the Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning - WMO 2015 (Social Support Act) and under the Jeugdwet (Youth Act).

PGB via the Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning – WMO 2015 (Social Support Act)

Do you receive Wmo support from your municipality? And would you like to arrange this help yourself? Then you can apply for a PGB at your municipality. With a personal budget, you can purchase aids yourself, such as a mobility scooter. But a PGB can also be used to purchase services, such as household support.

PGB through the Jeugdwet (Youth Act)

If your child receives support under the Jeugdwet, you can use a PGB to arrange that help yourself as well. You can request this at the municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Hof van Twente