Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

If you need care or nursing due to illness or disability, or you need help at home, you may be eligible for a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB). You can use this money to pay for your care needs. For example, you can hire someone to help you with your shopping or clean your house, or you can arrange for youth care services for your child.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your municipality.

Municipality of Epe: Applying for a personal budget (PGB)

Please note: you can only apply for a personal budget (PGB) if you live in the Netherlands and are registered with a municipality.

You can use a personal budget (persoonsgebonden budget – PGB) to buy care, help or support. 

There are 2 types of personal budget:

PGB under the Social Support Act (WMO)

Do you receive WMO support from your municipality? And do you want to arrange this help yourself? Then you can apply to your municipality for a PGB.

PGB under the Youth Act (Jeugdwet)

If your child receives support under the Youth Act, you can use a personal budget to arrange this support yourself. You can apply to your municipality’s youth assistance service (jeugdhulp) to obtain the PGB.


Contact details are not yet available for your municipality.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Public Information Service