Applying for a parking permit
Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
Contact your municipality to apply for a parking permit.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Municipality of Zaanstad: Applying for a parking permit
To apply for a parking permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your vehicle registration certificate is in your name. Or, if you are leasing or renting a car, the contract is in your name.
- You live in the Netherlands and are registered in the municipality where you wish to apply for the parking permit.
- If you are not registered in the municipality where you wish to apply for a parking permit, you must prove that you live and work in that municipality.
- Your vehicle must not exceed the emissions-based requirements.
You can apply for a maximum of xx parking permits depending on your address.
You can submit an parking permit online. You can also use the link to change your registration number or to terminate your permit. You will receive a digital parking permit.
Caregiver parking permit
If you receive informal care and you can show this with an indication from the Social Neighborhood Team, you can apply for a parking permit for your informal caregiver. This allows your carer to park near your home.
Resident parking permit costs:
- per month or part of a month € 9.15 / per year € 109.80
Caregiver parking permit costs:
- free of charge
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Zaanstad