Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Applying for a parking permit
To apply for a parking permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your vehicle registration certificate is in your name. Or, if you are leasing or renting a car, the contract is in your name.
- You live in the Netherlands and are registered in the municipality where you wish to apply for the parking permit.
You can apply for a maximum of 2 parking permits depending on your address.
You can apply for a parking permit online. To do so, log in with your DigiD: E-Loket (gemeenteportaal.nl)
Do you wish to come to the municipality to apply for a parking permit? If so, make an appointment: (010) 248 4000 or www.vlaardingen.nl/afspraak.
- A parking permit costs: € 58,- per year
- A second parking permit costs: € 190,- per year
- New permit after loss or theft: € 36,35
- Changing license plate number online with DigiD: € 6,25
- Changing license plate number on appointment: € 24,60
It is not possible to obtain a parking permit for some areas. This may be the case, for example, in areas in which there is a (future) new construction project or which are being developed or parking must take place on your own ground.