Applying for a parking permit
Do you live in an area where you have to pay to park your car or other vehicle? You can apply to the municipality for a residents’ parking permit (parkeervergunning voor bewoners). If you have a residents' parking permit, you do not have to pay for parking at the parking meter or via a parking app.
A parking permit is registered to a specified vehicle registration number. If you have more than 1 car or other vehicle, you must apply for a separate parking permit for each vehicle.
Contact your municipality to apply for a parking permit.
This is how it works for you
Here is some information from your municipality.
Parking permit for residents
Do you live in an area with paid parking? Then you can apply for a parking permit. You can apply by booking an appointment.
To apply for a parking permit, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your vehicle registration certificate is in your name. Or, if you are leasing or renting a car, the contract is in your name. Or you share a car and have registered yourself as a member of the Vereniging voor Gedeeld Autogebruik ('Association for Shared Car Use').
- You live in the Netherlands and are registered in the municipality where you wish to apply for the parking permit.
- You live in a permit area. Or in an area with paid parking, see the overview in the list or map on the page Parkeren op straat ('Street parking').
- You do not have your own parking space at your address.
Please note: have you just moved? Then only apply for the permit once you are registered at your new address.
- passport or identity card;
- vehicle registration number;
- if you lease a car: lease contract
- debit card or cash.
Call +31 24 329 90 00 to book an appointment.
- A parking permit in areas B and Center costs € 48,- per year. In these areas you can apply for a maximum of 1 permit per address.
- For all other areas, a parking permit costs € 12,- per year for the 1st permit. € 240,- per year for the 2nd permit and € 300,- per year for a 3rd permit.
View the list or map to check in which permit area you live.
You can immediately use your permit.
Questions about this topic?
Contact the Municipality of Nijmegen