Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a permit for special transport on a waterway

There are rules for waterways, such as rivers and canals. For example, how big your ship is allowed to be to use the waterway. Is your ship larger than allowed? Or do you want to carry special goods on the waterway? You must then apply for a special waterway transport permit.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Apply for a permit for special transport on a provincial waterway

There are rules about what you can transport by water and how big a vessel can be. If you are planning to transport special goods over an inland waterway, such as down a canal or a river, or if you want to operate a vessel that is larger than officially permitted, you can apply for a permit through the online permitting services desk for special transport (Digitaal loket bijzonder transport, or DLBT).

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Utrecht

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023