Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an environmental permit for an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road

Do you want to make an entrance and exit driveway to a provincial road from your property? For example, because otherwise you will not be able to access your house. Then you will need an environmental permit. You can apply for the environmental permit online (in Dutch) via Omgevingsloket Online (OLO), the environment portal.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Private road connecting to a provincial road

If you are planning to carry out work close to a provincial road or waterway or construct a private entrance road leading to a provincial road, you need permission. You can request this permission from us.

If you plan to lay or reposition cables along a provincial road or waterway, you need permission from us, or you have to report that this will take place.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Overijssel

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023