Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an earth removal permit

Do you want to remove a large amount of earth? For example, to build a basement or a deep pond on your property? If so, you will need an earth removal permit. You can apply for the permit from your province.

This is how it works for you

Your (future) place of residence falls under:

Here is some information from your province.

Earth removal permit

If you are planning to excavate soil or sediment, you will generally need an earth removal permit (ontgrondingsvergunning) before you get started. You can request this permit from us. If this involves removal of sediment (dredging) in national waters, the permit must be requested from the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Province of Overijssel

Visiting address

Last updated on 2 June 2023