Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life) in the Netherlands

Does an organisation outside the Netherlands (e.g. a pension fund) need proof that you are alive? Then you need an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life). You can apply for this at your municipality.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Westerwolde.

Municipality of Westerwolde: Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life)

You need an Attestation de Vita if a foreign organization needs proof that you are alive. Applications can only be done in person. To do so, please make an appointment.

What is necessary to know

  • You are registered in the municipality of Westerwolde
  • You need to bring with you a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card or driver's license)
  • If you are applying for a pension, please bring the letter from the pension fund.

Would you like to make an application? Please contact us: +31 599 32 02 20.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Westerwolde

Last updated on 22 September 2022