Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life) in the Netherlands

Does an organisation outside the Netherlands (e.g. a pension fund) need proof that you are alive? Then you need an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life). You can apply for this at your municipality.

This is how it works in your (future) place of residence

Your (future) place of residence falls under the Municipality of Rotterdam.

Municipality of Rotterdam: Applying for an Attestatie de vita (certificate of life)

You can apply for an Attestatie de vita  (certificate of life) from the municipality where you live and are registered. You can only make the application yourself. Someone else cannot do it for you. You must make an appointment with the municipality to apply for a certificate of life.


You can apply for a certificate of life using your DigiD. You can pay online using iDeal. If you can't pay with iDeal, apply by post instead.

In writing

Fill out the form and send your application to:

Gemeente Rotterdam
Gegevensverstrekking uit de BRP
P.O. Box 70013
3000 KR Rotterdam

The document will be sent to you by post. You will receive the bill separately.

Questions about this topic?

Contact the Municipality of Rotterdam

Last updated on 22 September 2022